Key technology questions to ask yourself, as a business owner.
- Do you have a written disaster plan?
- Can everyone understand it?
- Is there a single source for help? If yes, is that a good thing?
- Are you absolutely sure you have every contingency covered?
- What would you hate to lose the most? the least?
- How long would it take to recover if you lost everything? How much would that cost?
- What are your critical dependencies?
Our expectations for technology has led us to be totally, completely and absolutely dependent on our systems. We take for granted in today’s world that our systems will be up and running 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year. Oh sure, we have an outage of maybe an hour, maybe 2, maybe even a day. But never a complete outage. Is that possible?
How many times have you had a trusted advisor look over a letter, a contract, or any work product and be made aware of a glaring mistake. One that only a second set of eyes would have seen. Are you ready for anything?